Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY Dino Rattle

Make this cute little dino rattle for your baby.



Start by making your pattern. I picked out a dino shape I like from google images and printed it out. Cut your pattern out twice using felt.




Next cut out your ribbons of choice. You can fray check them to keep them from fraying, however fray check is highly flamable and this is for baby so I suggest burning the ends of your ribbons instead.



Your ribbons will be folded in half to make dino scales along the back.


Pin your ribbons in place along the back of your dino.


Using embroidery floss begin to sew with the back stich. I find this stitch the most secure which is why I recommend it.


Begin stuffing with your fiber fill.


Add a bell to the inside of your rattle and then pack your fiber fill around the bell so it's not hard.


Finish sewing around your dino and you're done!










No comments:

Post a Comment